Pages

Oct 29, 2016

Bill Oddie - Distinctly Oddie (1967)

"Rhubarb Tart" by Bill Oddie


John Cleese met Bill Oddie at Cambridge where they were both members of the amateur theater group, the Cambridge Footlights.  They performed together on the comedy revue Cambridge Circus and the radio comedy program I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again.  They were also writers together on David Frost's That Was the Week That Was.  Bill Oddie was mostly known for his parody songs that got a lot of play on I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again.  They were collected on an album for the show, but some found their way onto his debut album Distinctly Oddie released in 1967 on Polydor Records.

Here is the discography surrounding Bill Oddie's debut album:

Cambridge Circus (1963 album with Cambridge Circus)
Nothing Better to Do (1964 single)
The Knitting Song (1965 single)
I Can't Get Through (1966 single)
Persecuting Pigeons (1967 single)
I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again (1967 album with I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again)
Distinctly Oddie
Jimmy Young (1969 single)
On Ilkla Moor Baht'at (1970 single)
Superspike (1978 single with The Superspike Squad)

"Family Favourites" by Bill Oddie


"Harry Krishna" by Bill Oddie


Pass the Headphones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment