Pages

May 6, 2019

Bud Powell - The Chronological Classics: Bud Powell 1945-1947 (1947)

"Indiana" by The Bud Powell Trio


Bud Powell was the pianist with The Quintet.  His earliest recordings of note are collected in The Chronological Classics: Bud Powell 1945-1947.  Max Roach (also of The Quintet) can be heard playing drums as a member of The Bud Powell Trio, Bud's first stint as a recorded band leader.  (Note: As usual for older jazz musicians, I go to the Chronological Classics well for a pretty thorough summation of their recorded body of work).

Here is the discography surrounding Bud Powell's debut recordings:

The Chronological Classics: Bud Powell 1945-1947
I'll Remember April (1949 single)
Indiana (1949 single)
Somebody Loves Me (1949 single)
I Should Care (1949 single)

"I'll Remember April" by The Bud Powell Trio


"I Should Care" by The Bud Powell Trio


"Nice Work if You Can Get It" by The Bud Powell Trio


Pass the Headphones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment