Pages

May 26, 2010

The Beach Boys - Surfin' Safari (1962)


I grew up on The Beach Boys.  Listening and singing along to music on a car trip was inevitable with my family.  Although we enjoyed a limited variety of music from Bing Crosby to various kids' cassettes, The Beach Boys's compilation album Endless Summer is what stood out to me the most.  Since then, The Beach Boys have always been one of my family's favorite listens.  There's a nostalgia rooted in my relationship with that band and a foundation to my modern taste in music that has me choosing their 1962 debut album Surfin' Safari to kickstart the Tour.

Here's the discography surrounding their debut album:

Surfin' (1961 single)
Barbie (1962 single as Kenny and The Cadets)
Surfin' Safari (1962 single)
Surfin' Safari
Ten Little Indians (1962 single)
Lost & Found 1961-1962 (1991 compilation album)

"Surfin' Safari" by The Beach Boys


Pass the Headphones!!

4 comments:

  1. Good Stuff Man!

    The Beach Boys are one of my favorite bands as well. Great choice to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Cal! I love it. Yours might well be the first blog I ever actually subscribe to/check regularly. Are you headed back to the ranch this summer? I'm still two weeks from even being done with school.

    And I second the comment above. Good choice. :) I'm excited to see where you go with this.

    Take care. It was really nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonia! I'm already at the ranch and so is most everybody else. I'm a driver this year. The ranch is getting started earlier than usual because a wedding's going to take place here in the next few days.

    What are your plans for this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am suggesting the next song be from Tina Turner as their first paying gig was to play for her!

    ReplyDelete