Pages

Jun 1, 2010

The Mothers of Invention - Freak Out! (1966)


Les McCann is the bridge between Lou Rawls and The Mothers of Invention. As I mentioned before, he led the backing band for most of Stormy Monday. He also performed as one of the many session musicians on The Mothers of Invention's debut album Freak Out! It was released in 1966 and is considered both one of the first rock double albums and one of the first concept albums.

Here is the discography surrounding the debut album:

Jungle Dreams (1960 single by Roy Estrada & The Rocketeers)
Freak Out!
Trouble Every Day (1966 single)
How Could I Be Such a Fool? (1966 single)

Pass the Headphones!!

2 comments:

  1. Simon and Garfunkel's debut was produced by the same guy...that would be worth exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love that duo and connection, I just did a producer connection. =/ So, to keep things fresh, I'm going in a different direction. BUT, Jordy, I KNOW you're going to appreciate this next choice. I think. I'll be updating tomorrow. Today was a long day.

    ReplyDelete